7.07.2009

Dante and Galante and Summer League

So today (Monday) I was watching Day 1 of the NBA Orlando Pro Summer League on a stream off of nba.com. The quality is pretty good, the players are terrible, commentary is awesome, and it's probably the reason why my day was kinda weird (previous post).

The summer games are really different from a regular NBA game in that winning doesn't matter, and every player is incapable of passing unless it's a guaranteed assist. It's pretty cool, cause this is how I'd imagine a pick up game with pseudo-NBA players would be like.

Before today, I had no idea who Dante and Galante were. I still really don't. I think they're on local cable tv in Orlando and do a morning radio show during summer league games. They're great. During the two-ish hours of summer league I semi-watched/listened to, they said things like:

"Mareese Speights can't pass the ball upcourt, takes it to the hole, gets stuffed"
"Great play, it was a 2 on 1 fastbreak"
"You know Mareese Speights only makes the big plays"

"You know what would make these games watchable? Pros. OK, I'll take that back. Stars."

"Really? Please don't let this game go into overtime."

"Shaun Livingston. Yes, that Shaun Livingston."

"Who would you take in a foot race? Aaron Grey or a"
"The other guy, easy."

I'll probably watch the rest of the orlando summer league.


edit (song works):




0 comments:

Post a Comment