3.10.2009

solar power

At 4:50 PM, Monday (yesterday), I went to talk to my supervisor in his office. He also has a window. And the sun was still up.



You might take the sun for granted, especially if you're still in school, unemployed, or have the luxury of a window wherever you work. Not me. My cubicle has walls on 3 sides each 5 feet tall. Time comes here to die. Even my windows toolbar clock hasn't adjusted yet for daylight savings. (I can't change it by the way, it keeps changing back to its own time until the network administrator changes it.) From October til now, the sun has been setting about an hour before I get off of work, so by the time I get into my car it's pitch black. I hate darkness, sunsets, clouds, and shade. I love summers, July, 95 degree days, and nightlights. My mood is greatly affected by the sun, and the amount of sunlight I get. If you've talked to me in the last 6 months, you know what I'm talking about, I've been a miserable wreck.








Yesterday was the first time since October when there was still sunlight when I get off of work. Hallelujah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"time comes here to die"
hahaha! best statement. ever.

and i know what you mean about time passing while you're in the office. i have a window, but i face away from it, and it doesn't open, and i keep the blinds closed because it glares on my computer. so some days i'll walk outside, and be like DANG, it's raining. wtf? or oh jeez, when did it get f'n hot? yeaaaaa..

and yes! i take the bus home, and it was still bright on the ride back! it takes an hour to get home. which sucks, but i usually nap on the bus. this time it was harder to nap with the sun in my face. *rawr!

Anonymous said...

donson, you really have a thing against the darkness. See earlier post against tinted windows...

Anonymous said...

i totally agree about the sun affecting moods. winter is sooooo depressing, especially losing the tan you worked so hard on getting over the summer. spring time will be so much more easier to enjoy with the longer days and having that soaked up energy to get drunk one night and show up at work the next day hung over.

aka: HOT UMBRELLA NIGHTS coming soon!

Post a Comment