9.21.2009

Assistant Transportation Engineer Job Market...

So today I got an email about a job I applied for. Or so it seemed.

Hi Donson,

I am checking in on your employment situation. If you are in the Banking/Mortgage job market or if you are seeking career contacts in the Hacienda Heights area, please visit this site...


Victor Davis

xxxxx x. xxxxxx., xxx xxx
Scottsdale, AZ xxxxx
US


This employer-like email was obviously generated by information I submitted to one of the several job search engines by an algorithm someone was too lazy to program to sound more human-like. "this site" links to a linkedin-like job networking registration page.

How are there more job search/professional networking sites than there are jobs? I sign up for a new jobsearchnetworking site every time I apply to a job. I essentially have to submit 2 sets of information for every 1 job. Consequently the movie Brazil is not as far fetched as I thought. This is ridiculous and depressing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment